Our Commitment to Safety
Our people are our business. This first and foremost means that OH&S policies and procedures are adhered to by all staff actively contributing to a zero-harm culture. Our Safe Work Method Statements (SWMS) are formalised operational procedures that ensure the physical and mental safety of our workers at all times. AS Services regularly performs safety audits targeting compliance and continuous system improvements.
AS Services’ strategies to achieve our workplace safety objectives:
- Ensuring occupational health, safety and environment management principles are included in all organisational planning activities;
- Providing ongoing education and training to all of our employees;
- Consulting with employees and other parties to improve decision-making on occupational health, safety and environment matters;
- Ensuring incidents are investigated and lessons are learnt within the organisation;
- Distributing occupational health, safety and environment information, including this policy, to all employees and interested parties;
- Providing enough resources to ensure occupational health, safety and environment is a central part of the organisation; and
- Ensuring effective injury management and rehabilitation is provided to all employees.
This is achieved through:
- Complying with statutory requirements, codes, standards and guidelines;
- Setting up objectives and targets with the aim of eliminating work-related incidents in relation to our activities, products and services; and
- Defining roles and responsibilities for occupational health, safety and environment.